As all participants deemed the event very useful, the CBIB+ project, under the auspices of the European Commission, keeps organising them whenever there is a need.
The last meeting took place on 25 and 26 September 2019 in hotel Mediteran in Bečići, Montenegro.
Its main goal was to bring together the IPA CBC community to take stock of the implementation challenges of the 2014-2020 IPA II CBC programmes and discuss topics of common interest. These included the implementation of the programmes’ technical assistance priority, the regional monitoring system, quality of CBC projects as well as visibility and promotion of these programmes.
On 25 September two parallel meetings were organised:
- A regional workshop including only the staff working in the IPA II CBC JTSs;
- A coordination meeting between the European Commission Services (Directorate-General for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations - DG NEAR and Delegations of the European Union/European Union Office in the Western Balkans region).
Further to the opening speech, one rapporteur per each topic on the Agenda the day before presented, on behalf of the JTSs’ staff, those issues that would deserved being discussed by the rest of participants (in total 43 of them).
The approach ensured that the workshop served as a forum for interaction between staff of the IPA II CBC JTSs, the European Commission and the present Operating Structures. The topics that occupied most of the discussion were:
- Functions, administration, management and utilisation of the data and statistics of the regional WB IPA CBC monitoring system;
- Challenges affecting the work of the JTSs related to the implementation of the technical assistance priority; possible solution and best practices;
- Exchanges/internships among JTS staff;
- The tools and methods for improving the IPA II CBC programmes’ visibility and promotion.